Foundation / Corporation
Burroughs Wellcome Fund (BWF)
01/15/20 4:00 PM EST
Grants of $60,000 to USA and Canada minority postdoctoral fellows involved in biomedical and medical research for professional development and enrichment activities. The primary goal of the grant program is to support the postdoctoral training and experience of underrepresented minority junior scientists.
Funds will be provided to support the following enrichment activities:
1. Activities for the postdoctoral fellow to enhance research productivity, e.g. workshops, courses, travel, collaborations, and training in new techniques.
2. Activities for the postdoctoral mentor to increase the mentoring of PDEP fellows in university-based programs:
3. Participation in a peer network system of underrepresented minority postdoctoral scholars.
This grant is meant to supplement the training of postdocs whose research activities are already supported. It is not a research grant.
GrantWatch ID#: 182682
Generally, up to 12 awards will be granted.
The program provides a total of $60,000 over three years as follows:
- Year one: $20,000 will be granted to support enrichment activities of the postdoctoral fellow ($10,000 for research supplies or equipment uniquely required to enhance the postdoctoral fellow’s research and $10,000 for education and training, including for mentors in the research lab where the postdoctoral fellow is assigned.)
- Year two: $20,000 (same allocation as year one)
- Year three: $20,000 will be granted to help the postdoctoral fellow advance research efforts towards the professoriate. The funds must be used to develop independent, innovative areas of research.
- Sept. 1, 2020: Award start date
- Aug. 30, 2023: Award end date
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_227?SA=SNA&FID=35050
For questions, contact:
Alfred Mays, Program Officer
Tiffanie Taylor, Program Associate
Burroughs Wellcome Fund
21 T. W. Alexander Drive
PO Box 13901
Research Triangle Park
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon