Foundation / Corporation
Clif Bar Family Foundation
10/01/19 11:59 PM EST
Grants to USA nonprofit organizations working to protect natural resources, strengthen communities and the food system, and enhance public health. Applications are invited from both small and mid-sized organizations for either specific projects or general operating support.
Priority is given to applicants that address the funding priorities from a holistic perspective:
- Protect Earth's beauty and bounty.
- Create a robust, healthy food system.
- Increase opportunities for outdoor activity.
- Reduce environmental health hazards.
- Build stronger communities.
In addition, priority is given to applicants that:
- Operate with clearly defined objectives and viable plans to achieve them.
- Demonstrate strong community ties and operate at the community level.
- Promote positive change through both the projects and their implementation process.
Increasing Opportunities for Outdoor Recreation:
- Conserving open spaces
- Developing pedestrian- and bike-friendly towns and cities
- Enabling more Americans to enjoy nature
Reducing Environmental Health Hazards:
- Improving air quality
- Cleaning up water supplies
- Reducing other exposures to toxic materials
Building Stronger Communities:
- Supporting effective innovation in education
- Creating healthier, safer housing
- Generating green jobs and small businesses
- Increasing youth access to arts and culture
Creating a Robust Healthy Food System:
- Expanding organic food and farming
- Reconnecting farms and families
- Safeguarding seeds
- Rolling back hunger and malnutrition
Protecting Earth’s Beauty and Bounty:
- Preserving wild places and backcountry
- Reducing waste and advancing renewable energy
- Keeping climate action on the front burner
Many of the Foundation’s priorities are deliberately interconnected. These connections enable the Foundation to achieve a core set of goals through numerous routes. By addressing one of these priorities, the Foundation can advance efforts in one or more of the other priority areas, leveraging the Foundation’s resources in the process. For example:
- A healthier food system improves air and water quality, creates safer communities and fights climate change by keeping carbon and nitrogen in the soil and reducing the use of petrochemical-based farm inputs.
- Preserving wild, open places offers opportunities for vigorous outdoor activity in clean air and water without leaving a large footprint on the land.
- Reducing waste and advancing renewable energy conserves resources, reduces the threat of climate change, improves air and water quality, and creates green businesses and jobs.
- Identifying environmental sources of chronic illnesses, such as breast cancer, can pave the way for action to shift toward organic farming and reduce reliance on nonrenewable, polluting fossil fuels.
- Bike and pedestrian routes build stronger, healthier communities by creating more green jobs and reducing traffic congestion, carbon emissions, and air pollution.
GrantWatch ID#: 181507
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
The Small Grant application begins with a short eligibility quiz:
Click here to apply online:
Clif Bar Family Foundation
1451 66th Street
Emeryville, CA 94608-1004
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming