Deadline: 02/26/24 - Applications for Express Grants must be submitted by the first Monday of the month which is at least two months before the project event date (or when the project incurs expenses, whichever occurs first).
Add to calendar
Grants to Missouri PreK-12 schools for activities that sharpen skills in the teaching of fine arts as well as in arts integration. New applicants must contact staff, and some applicants must submit a draft proposal, prior to applying. Funding is intended to assist school administrators, classroom teachers, teaching artists, and fine arts specialists in furthering their professional development. Funds may be used to pay presenters, to pay for the presenter’s travel expenses, and to purchase project-related materials and supplies as well as marketing materials.
PK-12 schools are eligible to apply for Professional Development Grants.
The following entities are not eligible to apply for Missouri Arts Council funding.
- New organizations (in operation less than a year). New and emerging arts organizations must consult with the Missouri Arts Council before applying. Emerging groups need time and assistance to develop their mission and create effective events and programs. See page 13 for details.
- Nonprofit organizations with foreign incorporation with the Missouri Secretary of State’s Office. Exception: Organizations that were previously funded may continue to be funded if they maintain a Missouri based location and majority-Missouri board.
- For-profit organizations (including B Corporations).
- Nonexempt nonprofit organizations.
Funds cannot pay for equipment, food, beverages, awards, or event tickets.
There are two grant tracks - Annual Grants and Express Grants:
- Applications for Annual Grants take place once a year. Draft applications for staff review are due Monday, January 29, 2024. (This is optional for returning applicants.) Final applications are due Monday, February 26, 2024. In July, Missouri Arts Council sends written notification to applicants of the Missouri Arts Council board funding decisions.
- Applications for Express Grants are accepted on a rolling deadline, by the first Monday of the month which is at least two months before the project event date (or project incurs expenses, whichever occurs first). If the first Monday falls on a holiday, the deadline will be Tuesday. For example, if the project expenses will start December 2023 for a January 2024 performance, then the latest the application can be submitted by the first Monday of October 2023. The Missouri Arts Council encourages early submissions to support advance planning and ensure funding availability.
New applicants should contact the appropriate program specialist to ensure that their project is eligible for Missouri Arts Council funding and determine the appropriate grant program.
All Missouri Arts Council applicants must obtain a SAM.gov-assigned unique entity identifier (UEI).