Grants of $2,500 to Missouri and Kansas artists and groups of artists in eligible counties for artistic projects. Funding is intended for projects that have a positive impact on the community. Projects may fall into the following artistic disciplines: visual, dance, music, theater, poetry, and interdisciplinary art. Eligible applicants must be located in the five-county Kansas City metropolitan area (Jackson, Clay, and Platte counties in Missouri; and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas).
Others (see text field entitled "Additional Eligibility Criteria" for clarification)
Additional Eligibility Criteria
- Be a practicing artist with an established record of professional achievement in the arts.
- Be an adult over the age of 18.
- Live in the five-county Kansas City metropolitan area (Jackson, Clay, and Platte counties in Missouri; and Johnson and Wyandotte counties in Kansas).
- Applications from adjacent counties will be considered if the project takes place within our service area, but the five-county area is the main priority.
- If you received an Inspiration grant recently, you are eligible to apply again after waiting out one round and completing the final report from your previous grant.
- Some Inspiration Grants have been made for workshops, certifications or other forms of continuing education, but are not for regular college tuition.
- Organizations may not apply for Inspiration Grant funding, which are for individual artists.
- Application Opens: December 1, 2022
- Application Deadline: March 23, 2023 at 11:45 PM
- Committee will meet in April, 2023
- Grant decision announcements will be made in mid May, 2023