Foundation / Corporation
Goldenrod Research Corporation
In-kind product donations valued at $9,850 to USA and Canada schools to provide 3rd through 8th grade classrooms with more hands-on technology. Funding is intended to bring math and science to life by helping schools affordably integrate hands-on fluid power technology and robotics into the classrooms.
Goldenrod will award 1:1 matching grants for use toward the purchase of YouthTouch. In exchange, the schools selected agree to serve as YouthTouch referral sites.
YouthTouch offers creative learning tools, designed to complement existing curriculum and support common core standards. The YouthTouch Technology Integration comprehensive package comprises all of the tools necessary to integrate technology into 3rd through 8th grade classrooms. The YouthTouch package is designed to provide students with a firmer understanding of ratios, area, coordinates, graphing, plus over 100 other Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Language Arts, and Social Studies concepts.
Each elementary school awarded a grant for the YouthTouch Technology Integration System will receive from Goldenrod Research Corporation the following:
- Four RoboAC (joystick-controlled robots for younger students)
- Four RoboArm (intelligent robotic trainers)
- Two RoboVue (closed circuit camera for use with robots)
- Two HydrauLift (manual fluid power trainers)
- One HydrauLift2 (computer-interfaced fluid power trainer)
- One Tempest (programmable system using 2 robots to teach problem solving, communication, and teamwork skills)
- One Full day of on-site teacher training. Extremely remote or limited access communities may receive training via distance learning modalities.
- One Full year warranty on all components (RoboArm carries a three year warranty)
- One Resource Box of Curriculum Integration Materials (CIM) with the following items: Teacher’s Guide (4 copies) to teacher-led and independent study, with remedial and accelerated activities;Teacher’s Resource Guide (4 copies) for lesson planning; 127 different reproducible student worksheets (15 copies of each); Introductory Activities for getting started; Learning aids and manipulatives
- One Full year of upgrades to software and CIM
GrantWatch ID#: 165887
The retail cost of the package is $ 19,700 (USD). This grant provides for half of this cost ($ 9,850) and your school will be responsible for the remaining balance of $9,850 plus the freight and applicable taxes.
All educational entities are eligible. Region: North America (United States and Canada.)
Deadline: June 15, 2018 (extended from May 30, 2018)
Applications may be submitted online via the electronic submission form, mailed, or faxed to Lea Melchior.
Applications will be reviewed and scored as they are received. Award Notification will be made officially no later than three weeks after each deadline. Official Award Notification will be sent electronically to winning schools. (Please make sure goldenrodresearch.com is on the applicant's list of allowed senders.) Those schools that are not awarded will also be informed individually of Goldenrod's decision.
Applicants may request an informal debriefing anytime after they have submitted an application. Applications with identified problems may be revised and resubmitted for consideration in the current round prior to the deadline or for future rounds if the current round has ended. Submitting early and requesting a debriefing will significantly improve your chances of being awarded.
Goldenrod will award 1:1 matching grants for use toward the purchase of YouthTouch. Goldenrod regularly works with schools to coordinate matching funding from another source and cooperates to accommodate individual cash flow situations.
Goldenrod Research provides grant-writing services to qualified schools/districts at no charge. Call Goldenrod for further information.
Deadline and Application Information:
YouthTouch Technology Package Information:
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
To register for a password to the grant seekers section of the website, including the application form:
Lea Melchior, President
Fax - (815) 346-2338
US and Canada: 888-827-2260
Goldenrod Research Corporation
204 West Saint Joseph Street
Spalding, NE 68665
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon