Foundation / Corporation
Greater Kansas City Community Foundation - Latina Giving Circle of Greater Kansas City (LGC)
09/01/17 5:00 PM CST
Grants ranging from $2,000 to $12,000 to Missouri and Kansas nonprofits in the greater Kansas City area for programs that enhance the quality of life for Latina woman and girls, as well as education and giving for the Latina community. For the purposes of these grants, the greater Kansas City area includes Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties in Missouri, and Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas.
The program or project must:
a) Focus on improving the quality of life for Latina women and girls who reside within one of the above-listed counties OR
b) Promote philanthropic education and giving among Latinas residing within one of the above-listed counties.
GrantWatch ID#: 161196
$2,000 - $12,000
- Grants are made only to nonprofit organizations that are exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3).
- The nonprofit organization must be located in one of the following Counties located in the Kansas City metropolitan area: Clay, Jackson, or Platte in Missouri, or Johnson or Wyandotte in Kansas.
The following will be excluded from consideration:
- Individuals, political parties, candidates, or political activities
- Religious organizations for denominational programs
- Capital campaigns
Grant Application Timeline:
- July 1, 2017: Grant application posted online via the Community Foundation website.
- September 1, 2017: Applications must be completed online through the Internet Grant Application Manager (iGAM)
- September/ October: LGC members review applications, select finalists, and vote on award.
- November: LGC members meet for year-end celebration and announcement of grant recipients. Funds presented.
If the LGC has any questions regarding a proposal, a board or committee member may contact applicant requesting further information or an appointment for a site visit.
Procedures for Grant Seekers:
- Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current.
- Review your organization's Nonprofit Profile to ensure that all information is current: http://gkccf.guidestar.org/. For questions about updating your profile or having REVIEWED status, please contact the Donor Relations and Education Team (see Contact Information below).
- All applications must be submitted online by 5:00 p.m. CST on the due date through iGAM.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Click here to access the online application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_1164?SA=SNA&FID=35350
Donor Relations and Education Team
If you have technical questions relating to iGAM, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.627.3452.
USA: Kansas: Johnson and Wyandotte Counties; Missouri: Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties